Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Heroes and Villians of the Bible

When I saw this book I immediatly thought of my 12 year old brother. He has a Bible comic book and after seeing this I knew he would enjoy "Heroes and Villians of the Bible" as well. With a young boy dressed as a vicking and comic style writing on the cover what young boy wouldn't at least be tempted to pick it up?  I enjoyed the fact that this book helps children decide how to either be a "Hero" or "Villian" based off the choices they make. Children learn that real heroes choose God.

At the end of each story there is a summary of important things to learn and questions to consider. We use the questions as starting point to further discussion. The illustrations in this book are well done and help children to visualize the characters in the Bible. I really like that this book helps children define what are godly character traits since so many times we are told that we should behave "Christian" or "godly" but don't exactly know what that means or should look like. With this book those types are questions are being answered in a manner children can easily understand and into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment